Tuesday, 2 October 2012

September Joliebox

It's Joliebox time, yay! 
It's like having a christmas every month, so I look forward to this time greatly.
Sorry this review is a bit late but being back in Manchester my Joliebox subscription is delivered to my parents house back in Derbyshire.
 Luckily my lovely Mum sent it up to my house in Manchester, so lets begin!


I love... Face Mask
'A moisturising & reviving face mask with yummy fruit extracts for all skin types'

When I first saw that this product was for all skin types, I was quite confused. Could this be a miracle product?! My skin changes from normal to combination in most seasons and then mainly can be dry in the Winter. 
I like the fact that it smells of coconut cos I am a sucker for anything coconut, but I was put off by the alcohol content as alcohol as we know is make the skin very dry.
However, I'll look forward to trying this later.

Redken Align 12 Protective Straightening Lotion
'This best selling lotion controls hair for naturally straight results, whilst providing heat protection and banishes frizz'

This product really jumped out for me, mainly cos its Redken which is a well known brand and that its a straightening lotion and I have been looking for ages for a good one as my hair is naturally curly/wavy and I like to straighten my hair a lot. 
It is designed for medium hair and as my hair is long and thick it might not do the job as well but hopefully it will!
Really excited to try this out later and I love how much product you get for a tester!

Twistband Hair Tie
'A twistband to keep your pleats, buns and ponytails secured without leaving bumps in your hair afterwards'

I wasn't overly fussed about receiving this, when I tie my hair up I use any hair bobble I find lying around! 
I tried these out and they are okay, its good that you can re tie them to suit your hair thickness or use them in different ways.
Not personally my favourite product this month but still a good idea. 

Dr Bragi Bio Marine Exfoliant
'A marine based exfoliant to smooth, cleanse, brighten and renew tired skin'

I've never heard of Dr Bragi, but then I went on the Dr Bragi website and I was wowed by the products. The full size version of this product is £25 (however, Joliebox are offering a 20% discount) and has raving reviews.
Hopefully this will help get rid of my fake tan thats wearing off and it will be interesting to see how good this product is compared to my favourite Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub!

Balmi Lip Balm
'A lip balm containing SPF 15 to moisturise your lips and provide protection from harmful UVA rays'

I have been waiting to try one of these for ages! I nearly bought one at Boots for £4 so I'm so glad I got one in a Joliebox!
Balmi is like the famous EOS lip balms that are sold in the USA and not in the UK though I think you can get them off websites. 
The lip balm is not one of those that you have to dip your finger in, which I love! 
I have the strawberry version and it smell so nice and really does moisturise my lips.
Definitely worth the price at Boots and comes in many different scents.

My favourite Blogger/YouTuber Sammi from Beauty Crush is in this months JolieMag! 
Just thought to say a quick shout out as I love her and if it wasn't for one of her competitions, I wouldn't have a 12 year free subscription to Joliebox, so thank you!

What did you think to this months Joliebox? I personally think it was quite a good one!




No comments:

Post a Comment