Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Illamasqua Concealer



Illamasqua Concealer 215 - £5*
Hi everyone! 

I have been once again traveling the North of England again (as per) and have been to Liverpool then back home and then to Hull.

When I was in Liverpool, I came across the Illamasqua store, I have seen and heard of Illamasqua before as there is a concession in the Manchester Exchange Square Selfridges and a new concession in the Debenhams in Meadowhall, Sheffield. So, there is a heads up for anyone around Manchester/South Yorkshire. 

Anyway, I have never ever bought anything from Illamasqua before and I have always wanted to do so (everyone who works there just looks amazing). At the minute they have a HUGE sale on so how could I resist a cheeky concealer worth £5 reduced from £13?!

On to the product: This shade is slightly dark for my skin as I wanted a quite warm concealer for when I fake tan/night out concealer. The sales consultant in Illamasqua said that this concealer was multi-tasking, good for obviously covering blemishes, under eye dark circles and as a eyelid primer. This concealer offers full coverage as well.

The Pros: The concealer is extremely blendable and can be worn when I get paler as well but just applied under foundation. If you want a full coverage concealer then this definitely does the job, it also does not crease under the eyes which I thought it would. Also the price £5 in the sale is definitely a pro.

The Cons: Not a very good as a eyelid primer, I found that my eyeshadow/eyeliner came off easily and also creased easily on the lids. It's also not good if you're going for a 'summer' look. This concealer would be great for winter/nights out when extra coverage is needed. 

Would I buy it again? I would definitely buy it again in the sale, but for £13 probably not. I'd like to try different brands and then possibly come back to it. I am also in love with my Collection 2000 concealer which is cheaper than the sale price! 

What do you think of Illamasqua? Any products you would recommend?


No comments:

Post a Comment