Monday, 16 April 2012

Nail Polish Review: Models Own 'Indian Ocean'

I've been really looking forward to trying one of the Models Own Beetlejuice collection ever since it came out last year. When the summer ones came out this year, Indian Ocean took my eye. 
However, I am a little disappointed as I thought this nail varnish would be opaque. Indian Ocean was however very thin and very translucent and would not be even worth me trying to layer it up as the whole bottle would have probably been used!
But when I decided to use it over a light blue colour I really liked it, I painted one coat of 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish in Mint Choc Chip and layered it with two coats of Indian Ocean, my nails looked lovely as the blue would shine in one light and pink in the other. 

Overall, if you are interested in buying this nail polish make sure you have a light blue nail varnish to have underneath and you will love it!


One (quickly applied) coat of 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish in 'Mint Choc Chip'


After two coats of Models Own 'Indian Ocean' over the blue nail polish


Finished product, with fimo and top coat


I decided to apply some fimo pieces to one nail just to jazz my nails up a bit! 
They are really cheap off eBay and you get loads.
All you have to do is cut a thin slice of the chosen pattern and stick on with nail glue!


No comments:

Post a Comment